The Curling Québec board recently restructured its Meritas Awards program with the intent of adding value and meaning to this important recognition process. Five categories now compose the Meritas Awards series; the objectives, timetable and the various steps of the nomination procedure remain unchanged.
1- Club of the Year:
This award is presented to an affiliated curling club that has distinguished itself through its energy, its originality, its contribution to the development of the sport and its performance in terms of activities, events and membership over the last year.
3- Volunteer of the Year:
This award is presented to a person in recognition of his or her exceptional and sustained volunteer contribution to the management, development and promotion of curling over the last year.
2- Player or Team of the Year:
This award is presented to a player or team that has distinguished itself in provincial, national or international competition over the last year.
4- Contributor of the Year:
This award is presented to a member of the curling world in recognition of his or her remarkable contribution or outstanding and invaluable involvement in the community. Potential nominees in this category include coaches, referees, ice technicians, journalists and any other individual who has made an exceptional contribution to the management, development or promotion of curling over the last year.
5- Outstanding Achievement of the Year:
This award is presented to a person or organization in recognition of an exceptional and exemplary achievement, performance or contribution in curling over the last year.
To read the complete nomination and selection process for the Meritas Awards, download our guidelines here.
- Application period : from March 12th to April 30th of the current season. Send your applications to Curling Québec (by email or by mail)
- Applications sent to Regional Associations by Curling Québec: from April 30th to May 7th of the current year.
- Selection period of the finalists of each category by the Regional Association: from May 1st to 31st. They also let Curling Québec know about their choices.
- Winners selection period by Curling Québec: June 1st to July 15th.
- Winners unveiled: during the Annual General Meeting in September