- All players and/or teams can participate in the provincial circuit events. However, teams who wish to accumulate points in the official team standings must have registered for the circuit before participating.
- Only the tournaments which have officially registered on the CQ calendar at least one month prior to the start of the event, have paid the sanctioned fee ($20 per participating team) and have submitted the final results (maximum one month after the conclusion of the event) will be approved and recognized as an official circuit event.
- Any tournament giving out more than 100% of the registration fees as prize money must be approved by CQ before the start of the event.
- The maximum registration fee for a tournament is $400. Tournaments that are part of the World Curling Tour (WCT) and other tournaments who ask CQ for permission may have higher entry fees.
- Each dollar won at a tournament equals 1 point in the rankings (for men and women only.) See the senior points system here. Points are “team points” not individual player points.
- At least 3 officially registered team members must participate in every game during a tournament in order for that team to be eligible to earn points. Tournaments on the following circuits are officially recognised: Quebec provincial circuit, World Curling Tour (WCT), Ontario Curling Tour, Atlantic Curling Tour, or any other event which is officially sanctioned by a provincial federation.
- Teams can use a spare if one of their official team members cannot be present. In that case, the spare player must be eligible in the category in which the team is registered:
- Men: all spares must be men
- Women: all spares must be female
- Senior Men: Spares must be senior men (50 years old +)
- It is each team’s responsibility to declare their points after each event by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by filling out the designated form. The results sent in by event organizers serve only as a verification of the results sent in by teams in case of an error.
- 2023 Provincial Circuit Final: To be eligible to participate in this event, teams must have participated in a minimum of two (2) tournaments on the Quebec provincial circuit during the 2022-2023 season. The results from the previous season (September 2022 to May 2023) for events played in Quebec only will be used to determine which teams are qualified for the circuit final. All points must be declared by June 1st, 2023 to be valid.
- In case of disputes regarding the Provincial Circuit Rules, Curling Quebec reserves its right to use its authority to resolve the matter at hand while ensuring the interests of the concerned parties are taken into account.
- Qualification process for provincials: Officially registered teams can accumulate points in the qualification process according to the timeline below:
MEN AND WOMEN
From December 5th, 2022 to December 3rd, 2023
From January 1st, 2023 to December 31st, 2023
From december 4th 2023 to december 1st 2024
From January 1st, 2024 to December 31st, 2024