Rules and regulations:
The goal of Curling Quebec’s Hall of Fame is to honour the achievements of individuals who have significantly and positively contributed towards the advancement of the sport of curling in the province, with respect to the interests and corporate image of Curling Quebec. Inducting someone into the Curling Quebec Hall of Fame is a prestigious affair and a high distinction within the curling community.
The Selection Committee may nominate individuals who, in their own way, have significantly impacted the history of curling in Quebec. In order to do so, the Selection Committee will adhere to the established selection criteria. Inductees will need to have contributed to the development of the sport, have been actively involved in the curling world and have maintained a high level of respectability throughout their sporting career.
Current members of Curling Quebec’s Hall of Fame
The objectives of Quebec’s Curling Hall of Fame are:
- To recognize and honor the individuals who have contributed to the development of curling in Quebec;
- To ensure a greater visibility of the Federation, its partners, its members and the sport.
- Should the Selection Committee so desire, it may request further information about the nominees.
- The committee will give their recommendations to Curling Quebec’s Board of Directors
Players and Teams who have distinguished themselves by their excellence and performances at high levels of competition
Builders (i.e. Coaches, Officials, Administrators, etc.) who have greatly contributed towards the development of curling in the province are eligible for consideration.
A nomination can also be considered.
- Player and Builder
In order to be eligible as a Player, the candidate must be recognized as having successfully competed in various high caliber events.
Mandatory selection criteria for the “player” category:
- The player must have won a Quebec championship four (4) times in the same category (Tankard or Scotties) or six (6) combined times in multiple categories.
- Must be retired from competitive curling for at least three (3) years.
Non-mandatory selection criteria for the “player” category:
- Must have won the Canadian championship more than once, or must have won two different Canadian championships.
- Must have won an award at the Sports Québec Gala at least twice
- Must be a member of the Curling Canada’s Hall of Fame.
Nominations must be submitted to Curling Quebec using the Nomination Form intended for this purpose. The nominee’s achievements and accomplishments must be as detailed as possible and consent must be provided by the nominee (or his / her family, if deceased) prior to submitting a nomination in their name.
Selection criteria for the “builder” category:
- Must have visibly and significantly contributed to the sport
- Must have received the special tribute “Meritas” award
- Consistency, dedication and contribution to curling over the years
- Must have won an award at the Sports-Québec Gala
- Must be a member of Curling Canada’s Hall of Fame
C. Player and Builder
To be eligible, candidates must meet at least one of the essential criteria from both the “player” category and the “builder” category.
CQ also likes to recognize people who governed headed curling organizations. This category could include:
- Presidents of associations that merged to form Curling Quebec -ACPQ – Canadian Branch – North-West – Ladies
- Quebecers who presided over Curling Quebec or Curling Canada
All candidates will be evaluated based on the following:
- Level of importance and scale of the accomplishments and/or contributions