MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE FIRST ROCK PROGRAM
- Increase the number of regular curlers affiliated with Curling Quebec
- Promote curling in schools
- Initiate new junior members
- Encourage curling clubs to promote the sport and the benefits of curling
- including physical activity, health and good humour.
- Provide children with the opportunity to try a new activity
- Increase curling’s visibility among youngsters
- Assist junior/juvenile program coordinators in recruiting new members who will eventually become long term regular curlers.
APPLICATIONS OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Gym classes
- Extracurricular activities
- Special activities
- Open houses
In order to help clubs launch their programs, Curling Quebec will provide financial assistance which will allow them to go to schools to demonstrate curling in the gym, to organize an open house at their club, to give gifts to the participants, to offer snacks during activities and to create brochures/pamphlets or other promotional material. The financial assistance is valued at approximately $5000 per club. We will work in collaboration with the regional associations to select 12 clubs to participate in a pilot project in the 2022-2023 season.
Interested curling clubs should promote the program as much as possible. The selected coordinator must agree to:
- Visit as many schools as possible in their region
- Ensure that the club is implicated in activities
- Respond to questions
- Organize and host open house events
The long-term vision is first and foremost to significantly increase our number of regular junior curlers. With the help of the coaches, the children will learn the basics of curling all while gradually integrating basic techniques and strategies.
Click here to download the visuals.
This pilot project will be launched in the fall of 2022 in select clubs throughout Quebec in order to grow our junior membership.
For more details, please contact Aline Fellmann: email@example.com
SUPPORT OUR PROJECT
We need your support to help foster the development of youth curling. All donations will be put towards subsidies for the clubs which will allow them to adequately implement the program.
HOW TO HELP
We ask you to make a donation of your choice. Tax receipts will be emitted for all donations of $25 or more. We want to support the next generation of curlers who will be sharing our ice within the next few years.
We thank you for your generous contributions!