It’s official: our province will be represented by two teams at the Canadian Mixed Doubles Championship! Team Laurie St-Georges/Félix Asselin, as well as Team Émilie Desjardins/Robert Desjardins will both be among the 35 teams who will play for their share of the $150,000 that will be on the line from March 18-25 at WinSport Arena at Canada Olympic Park in Calgary, with the winning team collecting $50,000.
- The teams have been split into five round-robin pools, and the top five seeds in the event are the top-listed teams in each pool.
- The teams in Calgary will play a single round-robin draw within their pools, and the top 12 teams overall will advance to the playoffs.
- The teams were determined by the following criteria:
- 14 provincial/territorial championship teams
- 14 teams from the Canadian Mixed Doubles Rankings (CMDR) based on results between March 15, 2019, and March 15, 2020 (teams must have played a minimum of two mixed doubles events during the season)
- Seven teams who were unable to compete this season due to the COVID-19 pandemic but had committed to play Mixed Doubles together. Rankings are based on each player’s best three CTRS point events from the 2019/2020 season combined with their partners. All players must be part of Curling Canada’s National Team program.
- TSN/RDS2 will be providing extensive live coverage of the 2021 Home Hardware Canadian Mixed Doubles Championship. You can see the full TSN broadcast schedule for the 2021 Home Hardware Canadian Mixed Doubles Championship by CLICKING HERE.