Curling Québec launches the challenge of the year: do you have what it takes to curl in a bikini?!
Will your team be able to conquer the ice in a bathing suit?? Join the fundraising campaign supporting Quebec curling! #DefiBikiniCQ
Why donate? Your contributions to the Placements Sports program allow Curling Quebec to continuously improve and develop the services it offers to its member curlers and clubs. A recent example is an investment in video equipment which allowed the federation to launch its own YouTube channel, allowing for live streaming of our numerous provincial championships.
The Placements Sports program is jointly offered by Sports Québec and the Québec government. Curling Québec benefits from a matching rate of 240% for all donations made of 25$ and up (for which you will receive a tax-exempt receipt). In other words, for each gift of 25$, your federation will receive a total of $85!
How to participate:
All practicing curlers and curling teams may participate. Create your own fundraising campaign to support your federation; your donors will get to watch you get on the ice…in a bikini (or similar gitch!).
Create your own bikini challenge page on this website: it will be your landing page for your campaign.
- You will have to complete a draw to the button in bathing attire.
- Your outfit must include at least three of the following items:
- Bathing suit (in whatever style you prefer!);
- Swim cap;
- Arm floaties;
- Swim goggles;
- Snorkeling gear.You are free to add any other accessory that will showcase your dedication to the cause! Your broom could dress up as a fancy trident, for example!
- For safety reasons, all participants must wear their curling shoes during the challenge.
- Send your video or photos of your shot to Curling Québec and make sure to post on social media and tag your post with the #DefiBikiniCQ hashtag. We will also share your challenges on our social media accounts.
- The person or team whose images and videos receive the highest number of shares on social media will receive the official Scotties provincial jersey signed by the winning team, Team Verreault.
- The person or team that will raise the most money in the Bikini Challenge (excluding their own donations to the campaign) will receive the official Tankard provincial jersey signed by the winning team, Team Bédard.
Registrations for the challenge are open until March 31st 2020. Your challenge must take place at your curling club before the deadline.