The most recent government announcements will obviously have an impact on curling clubs and their activities. We are still awaiting further details and precisions from the public health authorities and from the ministry concerning the practice of curling specifically. Therefore, things could change shortly (and quickly) but we know that you are anxiously awaiting more information, so here is what we know for now:
– Indoor Tournaments and competitions are not permitted
– Regular practice of curling is permitted with a maximum of 25 people in the play area
– We do not currently have any further information as to whether the capacity of the play area is divided into “plateaus” as was done previously or if the capacity is determined for the entire ice area. While we wait for further details, we recommend that clubs limit the number of people on the ice to 25 players at a time.
– Clubs must adhere to the rules in place in accordance with their type of licence (bar, restaurant, etc.). Bars are not allowed to serve alcohol as of December 20th at 5:00 PM.
– All sanitary rules which are currently in place remain applicable at all times (disinfection, social distancing, mask wearing, etc.)
CLICK HERE for a resume of the new measures in place
To all presidents, ambassadors, players and fans, we would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy and healthy holiday season. We have often seen how resilient, strong and impenetrable the Quebec curling family can be and… it looks like it’s time to prove it once again! 😉 Take care of yourselves and your families, we look forward to seeing everyone back in action as quickly as possible in the new year!