The government’s announcements earlier this week have given the sport community a well needed breath of fresh air. For curling, it allows us to look forward to finishing the season on the ice playing the sport we all love.
We had the opportunity to attend a meeting with Minister Charest, her team, Sports Québec and all the other federations to clarify certain points. It is important to note that the ministerial decree has not yet been published, so some points could be adjusted, but the following information were validated by the authorities.
We were reminded that we are still in a pandemic situation and that caution is obviously still required. Thus, the vaccination passport and the wearing of a mask are still mandatory indoors and social distancing should be maintained as often as possible.
Effective February 14:
– Matches and league games allowed
– Locker room use at 50% capacity
– Masks are not required during physical activity but are recommended during light effort activities.
– The 25 person limit does not apply to curling clubs. Each sheet can be considered as an independent “plateau” as there is no contact between the participants of two adjoining sheets. All sheets can therefore be used (8 people per sheet). This point that is unique to our sport was specifically addressed and confirmed.
Effective February 28th :
– Tournaments, competitions, championships
Good curling to all!