General: Incorporated in 1976, Curling Québec represents 68 curling clubs and about 10,000 members everywhere in Quebec and more than 77,000 occasional players.
Mission: Aside from managing, developing and promoting curling throughout the province of Quebec, Curling Québec’s mission is to offer amateur curlers ans aspiring curlers, the opportunity to curl recreationally or competitively within a structured organization which is supported by many different services.
Who are we?: Curling Quebec is a non-for-profit provincial association consisting of regional associations and curling clubs who, based on their staff and volunteer structure, contribute towards the development of the sport within the province. Curling Quebec is recognized by the Quebec Government, the World Curling Federation (WCF) and Curling Canada (CC), as the organisation mandated to represent the interest of the sport of curling in Quebec. Active throughout all regions, Curling Quebec is represented by all age categories. Concerned with the development of the sport on both a recreational and competitive level, Curling Quebec offers programs spanning across the 4 levels associated with sport development, notably the Initiation, Recreation, Competition and Excellence phases.
- ACCESSIBILITY: We believe that all of our clubs and individual members should have access to all of our programs and services.
- COMMITMENT, COLLABORATION & TEAM WORK: We are committed to work in collaboration with everyone who believes that by combining our resources we will achieve our common goals.
- EQUALITY, ETHICS & RESPECT: We believe that all of our members have the right to be treated fairly and equally. We promise to always react in a respectful and ethical way. We will honour all of our commitments.
- EXCELLENCE: We promise to always aim as high as possible and to provide lots of support for our elite athletes in achieving our common goals of success.
- INTEGRITY & PROFESSIONALISM: All of our decisions and actions will be taken with integrity and professionalism.
- TRANSPARENCY: We strive to make all of our activities as transparent as possible
Goals: Curling Quebec is structured in a way to meet the following objectives, that remain purely social and hold no intention of monetary gain for its members :
- Regroup regional associations into recognized corporations that manage the sport of curling within the province of Quebec.
- Promote and develop curling as both a recreational and competitive sport.
- Promote and develop relationships with associations and organisations who wish to develop the sport within their respective spheres of activity.
- Promote and defend the interests of members while providing them with various programs and services.
- Develop, organise and hold provincial playoffs with the goal of determining which teams will be crowned provincial champions.
- Maintain affiliation with Curling Canada and continue to develop business relations with various public bodies.
Organigram: link for that document