Curling Quebec is a non-profit provincial association consisting of regional associations and curling clubs who, based on their staff and volunteer structure, contribute towards the development of the sport within the province. Curling Quebec is recognized by the Quebec Government, the World Curling Federation (WCF) and Curling Canada (CC), as the organization mandated to represent the interest of the sport of curling in Quebec.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Competitions will complete the following tasks:
- Planning and managing all provincial championships;
- Preparation of the annual calendar of events;
- Coordination of the various provincial circuits;
- Carrying out the weekly updates of results and rankings for each of the championships and provincial circuits;
- Assigning the major officials and acting as the Curling Quebec representative in case of disputes;
- Updating the rules and regulations of all provincial events;
- Representation and communication with targeted audiences (regional associations, affiliated clubs, Curling Canada, other provincial and national authorities);
- Updating the website.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge about the sport of curling;
- Excellent ability to communicate in both English and French (spoken and written);
- Comfortable working with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to manage several projects at once;
- Availability to travel across the province occasionally on nights and weekends;
- Autonomy and leadership;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Permanent full-time position;
- Health insurance plan and dental insurance;
- Workplace: Hybrid of teleworking (2 days) and in-office working (3 days) at Curling Quebec’s office situated in the Maison du Loisir et du Sport (St-Léonard).
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and cover letter to the attention of Miss Alanna Routledge at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until July 10th at 5:00PM. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.