IMPORTANT INFORMATION – CORONAVIRUS – COVID-19
Thursday, March 12th, 2020
The current situation surrounding COVID-19 is serious and worrying and in continuous evolution. Curling Québec is making it a priority to remain up to date and to this end, we are following the official recommendations and guidelines concerning public health and sports. As of today, the cancellation of provincial competitions is not part of the proposed course of action; consequently, all tournaments and championships will continue as scheduled. We will communicate with you all swiftly should there be any change in the status quo.
- The Canadian Sport Medicine Advisory Committee estimates that at this point in time, « the risk level remains low and no specific measures for travel, participation in sporting events or training are in place beyond good hand washing and covering coughs or sneezes».
- Any person presenting basic symptoms (such as fever, cough and shortness of breath) should avoid contact with people and consult a health professional as soon as possible.
- Specific sanitizing measures for curling events, particularly with regards to handshakes and sporting equipment, will be adopted if deemed necessary and/or recommended during Curling Québec events.
- For more information on COVID-19, we recommend visiting the following websites: The Ministry of Health and Social Services of Québec and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or with your sleeve (not with your hands) when you sneeze or cough.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects you come into contact with frequently.
- Bring your own water bottle and make sure it is clearly indentifiable.