The situation that we have been living in for the past few months, which notable forced the cancellation of both the provincial and Canadian U-18 championships in 2020, has made room for some changes to be made in 2021. Therefore, this year Quebec will be able to send four (4) teams to the national championship (2 boys teams and 2 girls teams). Read below for all of the eligibility requirements as established by Curling Quebec in accordance with Curling Canada.
2021 U-18 Provincial Championship
- Option 1: 4 or 5 players aged 17 or under as of June 30, 2020. Therefore, anyone born on July 1st, 2002 or later is eligible.
- Option 2: Any team who was officially registered for the U-18 provincial championship in 2020 will remain eligible as long as a minimum of three (3) team members are still registered active members of the team. Exceptionally this year, overage athletes (who were eligible in 2020 but are no longer eligible in 2021) will be permitted to participate in the provincial championship as well as the Canadian championship. However, if a 2020 team needs to change a player in their lineup, the new player must be eligible for the 2021 championship (no spares born before July 1, 2002).
2021 Canadian Championship
As previously mentioned, four (4) Quebec teams will participate in the national championship – two (2) boys’ teams and two (2) girls’ teams. These teams will be the winners and the finalists at the 2021 U-18 provincial championship.
- All four (4) teams will receive their official Quebec clothing at Curling Quebec’s expense.
- Each team’s transportation fees (car or plane) for 4 athletes and 1 coach will be covered by Curling Canada.
- The two (2) winning teams will also receive financial aid from Curling Quebec ($800/team)
- Teams are responsible for all accommodation expenses.
For any other information please visit our website: https://curling-quebec.qc.ca/championships/juniors-and-juveniles/u18-provincial-championship/?lang=en or contact our Director of competitions: email@example.com